New Pickups HSS set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pickups HSS set

Hey guys, I'm new here and am a huge fan of Seymour Duncan Pickups! I've been using Blackouts and JB/59s for most of my guitars, but I decided to try different 1s this time.

I have installed a TB-11 (bridge), SSL-5 (middle), and SSL-1 (neck) in my Stratocaster. The Custom Custom sounds amazing and when coil split it gives me a really good Strat sound. The SSL-1 sounds really great for cleans too. I haven't messed with the other combinations too much yet, but I'm loving the combo so far!

I've also just purchased a Distortion and a Jazz pickup for my telecaster so can't wait to try that!
    ESP fanboy!
    www.twitter.com/bouVIP
    https://soundcloud.com/bouvip

Re: New Pickups HSS set

Great looking guitar too. Bet it sounds great.

Comment

I want to get one of those Custom Customs for one of my guitars. I bet that strat soundslike a completely different guitar since the new pickups were put in.
      "Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.

Comment

That is a great looking guitar! Is it ash? It is kind of hard to tell, but the grain looks like ash. I always worry about matching output with my HSS guitars, do the singles match up with the Custom Custom well?

Cole
        Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

After years of trying different combination, I've ended up with Fender Fat 50's neck and middle, and a CustomCustom bridge. I run them all with 300k pots. I think they balance pretty well. I connect the tone pots to the middle and bridge only. Its my go-to guitar for SRV, Henrix, surf, and old Van Halen.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying the combo of SSL-1+SSl-5. It's my go to clean right now. The SSL-5 middle is so far my favorite pickup as well. It sounds great!

Originally posted by ColeJustesen View Post
            That is a great looking guitar! Is it ash? It is kind of hard to tell, but the grain looks like ash. I always worry about matching output with my HSS guitars, do the singles match up with the Custom Custom well?

Cole
            Yup it's ash. I really like the figure on it. There is a volume difference when I switch between the middle or neck from the bridge, but it's actually not too bad.

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
            After years of trying different combination, I've ended up with Fender Fat 50's neck and middle, and a CustomCustom bridge. I run them all with 300k pots. I think they balance pretty well. I connect the tone pots to the middle and bridge only. Its my go-to guitar for SRV, Henrix, surf, and old Van Halen.
            That sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of 300K pots before. Any sound clips?
            ESP fanboy!
            www.twitter.com/bouVIP
            https://soundcloud.com/bouvip

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
              I like this idea of not attaching the tone pot to the neck pickup. I might have to give it a try to help balance out everything since I only have the one tone knob.

Originally posted by bouVIP View Post
              Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying the combo of SSL-1+SSl-5. It's my go to clean right now. The SSL-5 middle is so far my favorite pickup as well. It sounds great!

Yup it's ash. I really like the figure on it. There is a volume difference when I switch between the middle or neck from the bridge, but it's actually not too bad.

That sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of 300K pots before. Any sound clips?
              Wow, I love the grain on that ash! Ash is such a great tonewood and is currently my favorite that I have tried to date. That blue finish really makes that grain look great! I would love to hear what that setup sounds like if you can make some clips or a video. Thanks for sharing the picture!

Cole
              Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Working...
              X