Blackout Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Issues

Has anyone else had bad humming problems with their Blackouts? I took my Schecter Blackjack SLS into my local guitar store today, and after the tech checked everything, he said that the pickups themselves must be defective. They're calling Schecter and Seymour Duncan to try to get the pickups replaced, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Blackout Issues

If the tech was competent and knew what he was doing (if this is Guitar Center, it is a VERY BIG "if", they most likely weren't), then there isn't much you can do to fix it other than replacement. Otherwise checking all ground connections would be a start. Check for any broken wires, especially the bare wires coming from the pickups. I'd then check the ground from the sleeve of the output jack.

Comment

My issues with actives have always occurred at the output jack sleeve. Depending on how the cable shield is terminated into the sleeve terminal sometimes it's tough to get a solid connection.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's either a ground problem, or defective pickups, as stated earlier. Go ahead and have them replaced, resolder all your connections while it's apart.

Comment

Working...
        X