hey zenmindbeginner - custom shop content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey zenmindbeginner - custom shop content

The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has been creating custom guitar pickups since 1976. If you dream it, we can build it.

what did I tell you?

Re: hey zenmindbeginner - custom shop content

I don't think there has ever been a pickup that made me hungry until now! Combining sonic imagery with food is just another brilliant way of describing the difficult to describe... GREAT idea!

The sound samples made me flashback a bit... Seymour sure is one groovy cat!
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I don't know anything about these pickups except what I read on that page so this is by no means passing judgement on the sound of the pickups but I have to ask...

Does Duncan never, ever learn their lesson?!

Eclair...for real?! Who names this stuff...

It least dumb names like Jazz, Distortion, and Full Shred have something vaguely to do with guitars and guitar music but now we've taken to naming our pickups after pastries...give me a freakin' break!

I can't wait for the dozens of threads asking what these sound like...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I have a set and have commented on what they sound like. when it was immediately followed up with wrong specs, I deleted the thread in part to help keep the confusion to a minimum. I won't comment on the product here again due to the asinine shenanigans that followed.

but I dunno. I think the name has a reason behind it that makes sense. and it's nice to have a product with a name and/or associated marketing that doesn't make me think a balroq will be chasing me across the bridge of khazad-dûm.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          I don't know anything about these pickups except what I read on that page so this is by no means passing judgement on the sound of the pickups but I have to ask...

Does Duncan never, ever learn their lesson?!

Eclair...for real?! Who names this stuff...

It least dumb names like Jazz, Distortion, and Full Shred have something vaguely to do with guitars and guitar music but now we've taken to naming our pickups after pastries...give me a freakin' break!

I can't wait for the dozens of threads asking what these sound like...
          Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
          but I dunno. I think the name has a reason behind it that makes sense. and it's nice to have a product with a name and/or associated marketing that doesn't make me think a balroq will be chasing me across the bridge of khazad-dûm.
          Right, totally agree! I remember the scene from the movie "Mask" where Rocky tried to show his blind friend colors by giving her rocks of various temperatures to hold in her hand... it's actually quite brilliant to describe one sense with another.

I'm gathering that the EclairBucker will sound sweet, rich and syrupy... I don't think anyone will need much of an explanation because the name is so descriptive.
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
            Right, totally agree! I remember the scene from the movie "Mask" where Rocky tried to show his blind friend colors by giving her rocks of various temperatures to hold in her hand... it's actually quite brilliant to describe one sense with another.

I'm gathering that the EclairBucker will sound sweet, rich and syrupy... I don't think anyone will need much of an explanation because the name is so descriptive.
            Not buying it bro...

Cut it anyway you want, liken it to any thing you want and say you get all you want...

Naming a pickup after a pastry is terrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post

YES!!! "Fly you fools!"

I'm guessing Christopher Tolkien doesn't play guitar or there would be a royalty fee too!

I know Seymour is a great player but I don't "get" the clip. I don't have any context, it just seems like smooth sounding volume swells.
              Last edited by Luke Duke; 02-24-2014, 10:53 PM.
              “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Not buying it bro...

Cut it anyway you want, liken it to any thing you want and say you get all you want...

Naming a pickup after a pastry is terrible idea.

No it's not. Not everything in life has to be dead serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrox87 View Post
                  No it's not. Not everything in life has to be dead serious.
                  Never said it had to be serious but it helps to sell something if the name tells the buyer a bit about what it is.

That said if the are taking orders I'd like a custom PAF...

Something dense/thick with a bit of creamy top end but it still needs some bite to it...

I'll call it the "Bagel with Cream Cheese".

Comment

Never said it had to be serious but it helps to sell something if the name tells the buyer a bit about what it is.

That said if the are taking orders I'd like a custom PAF...

Something dense/thick with a bit of creamy top end but it still needs some bite to it...

I'll call it the "Bagel with Cream Cheese".

I agree...

Comment

All this said I am sure the pickups sound great.

Comment

Something that can be lite and rich and creamy and a bit heavy. I'm going with tiramisu.

Or thick and dense and rich but sharp with bite. Key lime pie.

Spongey and syrupy and sticky sweet and creamy. Strawberry shortcake.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

There you go!!!

Now you're listening with your, um...tongue?!

Comment

Where's the problem with naming it after a pastry? What makes that different than naming a pickup after a winged horse? Makes way more sense if you ask me. When we use words like "sweet" and "creamy" to describe tone, wouldn't the natural thing to be to attach a name that also evokes those descriptors? Besides, it's a name. It's one thing if it's a production model that they're trying to market to the masses, but it's a special order only custom shop model. Let them give it a goofy name.
                            Originally posted by Rockstar216
                            Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

For the record naming a pickup after a winged horse is another bad idea but that's another thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X