Mixing Duncans and DiMarzios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Duncans and DiMarzios

I'm just curious. Are Duncans and DiMarzio wired with opposite phase, or do they have opposite magnetic polarity? Or neither?

I just got my PG+ humbucker used, and I have it mixed with two DiMarzio single coils in my Strat. The PG+ and the DiMarzios are obviously out of phase with each other, and it sounds great in position two. However, for the sake of figuring out future wiring ideas, I am wondering if this is standard, or if the guy who owned it before me simply reinstalled the A5 magnet wrong. (He had put an A2 in at one point, I believe.)

Thanks.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Mixing Duncans and DiMarzios

It's just a phasing issue. All you have to do on the PG+ is make the green wire the hot and the black wire the ground. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
      It's just a phasing issue. All you have to do on the PG+ is make the green wire the hot and the black wire the ground. Problem solved!
      Cool, I'll do that with my 8 string.

Thanks dude.
      Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Yes, Duncan and DMZ singles are reversed. You need a RW/RP DMZ, but a standard SD for humcanceling with a humbucker. Unless you flip the humbucker leads of course.

Both companies humbuckers are the same, N to slug coil.

Comment

If Jake E. Lee could get it to work you should too.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
            Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
            Yes, Duncan and DMZ singles are reversed. You need a RW/RP DMZ, but a standard SD for humcanceling with a humbucker. Unless you flip the humbucker leads of course.

Both companies humbuckers are the same, N to slug coil.
            Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
            If Jake E. Lee could get it to work you should too.

Thanks for the information.

It isn't a problem that I need to fix. It makes the #2 position usable, while I would normally ignore it. I just wanted to know if the previous owner of the PG had made a mistake, so that I could do the out of phase wiring again in the future, this time by design.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hell yeah dude, my pleasure!

Comment

Working...
                X