Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basswood neck pickup help!

Hi there,

I posted not long ago about a bridge and neck pickup for my Ibanez RG721FM and thanks to some help I decided on getting a Full Shred installed. I now need to find a Seymour Duncan neck pickup that works well tonally with the Full Shred on an American Basswood body with maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I need a distinctive tone for solos and high lead riffs. something along the line of bands such as Trivium, Asking Alexandria and Of Mice and Men.

Thanks all!

Re: Basswood neck pickup help!

Hot rails neck.

Is the route single sized?

Comment

Humbucker spaced dude

Comment

I was gonna say Hot Rails–sounded amazing in my Basswood Charvel. I have a Basswood Iceman that has a Dimarzio Liquifire–one of my favorite neck pickups, but I don't know if that's what you are going for. The Liquifire sounds absolutely brilliant clean, and takes crunch and gain very nicely. For leads, John Petrucci wanted a neck pickup for lead...I just wouldn't place this one for the shred stuff...IMO

Comment

Does SD have a passive rails humbucker for the neck?

Comment

Have you considered the FS neck?
            -IM

Comment

My curiosity in this is based on researching for an upcoming build and basswood vs mahogany. Not having played one, I would expect the Black Winter to be perfectly suited for your goals.

Comment

as I said on Jemsite, Full Shred Neck is the obvious choice.
                http://www.lonephantom.com
                http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

I would agree, Full Shred neck. If you want another brand, the Wilde L500R was awesome in a MIJ basswood Strat I had.
                  Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

The FS neck is way too dark and pays too much attention to the playing for my taste.

Comment

Working...
                    X