what pickups do artists use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pickups do artists use?

Such as Paul Stanley, The Donnas, and anone else we might wanna know.

Re: what pickups do artists use?

There's a database on the main Duncan page that lets you search for this information. If they use Duncans, it'll show up in the database.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

duncan has a large database too
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

OK, so I did that. Wht the hell is "An HB nk"?

Comment

I've always wondered why so many heavy metal artists endorse Duncan and other companies while other types of bands don't seem to do this.
          Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

because heavy metal artist ROCK?
            On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Comment

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Originally posted by gripweed
              I've always wondered why so many heavy metal artists endorse Duncan and other companies while other types of bands don't seem to do this.
              Take a good look at some of the data you can find @ that link and youīll see itīs not so, players of all styles and tones are Duncan endorsees.

Metal and rock in general (as a rule of the thumb) sell more guitar magazines, so the rock guys end up in ads more often, thatīs more or less all
              Last edited by Zerberus; 01-31-2005, 08:45 AM.
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

It really depends. Some pro's don't take a huge interest in things like pups etc., and let their techs deal with that stuff. You'd be suprised at the amount of people who use stock pups. Not necessarily bad, especially on higher end guitars stock pups are pretty good. (although not as good as SD's in my opinion) Personally I don't know how you can NOT be involved in your tone from the pups to the tone post all the way to your speakers, but that's me and I'm a tone freak hehe.

As for your question I think Allison from the Donna's uses primarily stock pups in her Gibsons through various Marshals. (I think she runs a Mode Four, JCM 800 and DSL 100 if I'm not mistaken)

I will say that the list of Pro's who use Duncan's is pretty big. The database referenced is probably your best source, but lots of my favorite bands of today and yesterday use Duncans. (Darkness is one example, Lamb of God, wow, just too many to mention hehe)

Comment

Oh uhh I just searched the database for Paul Stanley.

Paul Stanley / Kiss
                  Pickup Models : SH-4, SH-6b, SH-1, SH-14

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5
                    As for your question I think Allison from the Donna's uses primarily stock pups in her Gibsons through various Marshals. (I think she runs a Mode Four, JCM 800 and DSL 100 if I'm not mistaken)
                    A recent Guitar Player (maybe the newest one) has an interview with her. She admitted to using a Marshall JCM 2000 and a Fender Vibrolux (each hard panned) with a P-90 loaded SG. I assume the pups were stock.
                    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Aye, I spotted that on their forum.

Tommy thayer used duncans. But what model? Are they custom shops?

Comment

Working...
                      X