banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Best SD pickup for Metal (all metal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Best SD pickup for Metal (all metal)

No custom shops (so my SD custom shop Tyrannotitan is out of this poll), just floor production models. i vote the BLACK WINTER..
    Duncan Distortion
    45.83%
    JB
    20.83%
    PATB2b
    0%
    Black Winter
    16.67%
    Custom
    8.33%
    Invader
    4.17%
    Nazgul
    0%
    Sentient
    0%
    Fullshred
    0%
    Alternate 8
    4.17%
    DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Re: NEW Best SD pickup for Metal (all metal)

I really need to try that pick up.....

Comment

Sorry C8 lovers, it's not eligable
      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

Comment

I would still vote Distortion.
        Originally posted by Rockstar216
        Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Pegasus needs to be on this list... So I can vote for it. Best NEW "all-'round" metal pickup imho, without question.

Comment

You forgot the Dimebucker.

Edit: I voted Alt 8 but the Dime Bucker would be a very very close second.
            Last edited by Rockstar216; 02-27-2014, 11:55 AM.
            Originally posted by KBliss
            WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
            Originally posted by trevorus
            The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Yeah, I would delete and start over. The Pegasus isn't on the list and neither is the Dimebucker. BTW, the Sentient is a neck pickup. So that kinda makes it disqualified.
              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
              Originally posted by CTN
              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

DD, but I haven't heard the BW or the Nazgul yet.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaah, the poll only allows a maximum of 10 models, and the dimebucker and Pegasus slipped my mind until after I clicked post

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
                    Aaaaaaaaah, the poll only allows a maximum of 10 models,
                    I forgot about this, sorry.
                    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                    Originally posted by CTN
                    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                      I forgot about this, sorry.
                      There's a part II now as well.....

sigpic

Comment

Hohoho..... The DD is coming back neck 'n neck with its offspring, the BW...........

sigpic

Comment

Having owned all of these but the last 3 I am surprised it is as close as it is. I really find the BW to be the best by a fairly far margin, as at times the DD could seem shrill to me, even though I quite like it. DD is IMO ideal for punk. The Nazgul reminds me a lot of the BW, only for 7 strings. The BW is just something else, I'd encourage fans of the distortion to try it out. Personally I thought the early demos for it were really remarkably terrible to demonstrate what it can do.

The invader holds the dubious distinction for me of being the one SD pickup I could not stand.

Comment

I have to ask... What is the Tyrannotitan??
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              I have to ask... What is the Tyrannotitan??
                              1st post bro

Comment

Working...
                              X