SD Custom Shop Concept Set/Build Your Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Custom Shop Concept Set/Build Your Own

I just installed a Custom Shop Concept set along with a Build Your Own single coil from the custom shop website and, wow! It turned this guitar into a monster! There's definitely something extra special about the Custom Shop pickups. So dynamic and responsive to attack and technique and therefore so versatile! Definitely the way to go!

Re: SD Custom Shop Concept Set/Build Your Own

Nice and that RG looks very Classy. What bridge is that?
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Thanks! The bridge is called a TZ10 and I don't really know much about it other than the scant information from the 94 Ibanez catalog, which basically just tells the name, and a Starfield catalog from the archive on the Ibanez website which shows a similar bridge called SF10. The guitar is an RX750 which I understand was only made for one year. But it's mahogany and padauk, two great sounding guitar woods. Especially with these pickups!

Comment

I also ordered a Concept Set through the Custom Shop and installed it on a rosewood tele with incredible results. Very special pickups, although we must always include disclaimer that this is a "preference," not about being better.

Comment

What are the details on the pickups?

(Also, I'd swap the single coil cover, knobs and switch tip for cream, so the whole guitar matches. That would up the visual even more. )
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I kinda dig the slightly mismatched look...

The bridge is an Alnico II at 16.7 k, the neck is an Alnico V at 7.9 k, and the single is an Alnico V at 7.2 k. I was originally planning to drop the single flush with the pick guard because middle pickups get in the way for me so I specified as such in the notes section and asked for a little more output. But the spacing on this guitar is just right, so I don't have to. And as a result I think the middle balances even better with the two other pickups.

Comment

I definitely agree with PFD, cream would look WAY better. But, to each his own. It's your guitar, do what you want with it. It's just a shame since that one small change could make such a big difference in how classy it looks.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
              X