banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimarzio PAFS.. How would YOU describe PAFs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dimarzio PAFS.. How would YOU describe PAFs ?

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
    Forget the descriptions...here's what real paf's sound like:

Lew you left out Clapton's amp and his fingers...LOL...Great PAF example though..Most of the Cream stuff.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairmail View Post
      Whats the singlecoil in that? I've also never seen a trem like that. Is it some sort of floyd?
      Neck is a dim hs4 and the bridge is a gotoh that came from a gibson wrc.

The pafs are super crisp.

Comment

i played an older dimarzio paf the other day in one of my friends guitars. It was bright and crisp. Sounded really good. Can't say if it had authentic PAF tone but it sounded good,
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I have a pair of Dimarzio Virtual PAF neck DP196 - Virtual Hot PAF DP 214 those are the most balanced, articulate, defined pickup I ever used and heard. I put them in two different guitars for versatility, paired with some more caracterial pickups, same kind of pup in one single guitar gives a dull result for my taste.
          Http://someguitarist.blogspot.com
          "Hurl your calumnies boldly, something is sure to stick." (Sir Francis Bacon - De Augmentis Scientiarum - 1623)

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
            Oh yeah!! counting down the minutes right now.

Very excited. It looks downright sexy... Gotta post a pic once I get it. Something about that body shape really grabs my attention!
            Don't forget the pics! I do love Hamers!

What I've read about the DMZ/Hamer relationship has already been well covered here.

Comment

I have an old 1984-5-ish Hamer Phantom made in the USA. Pu's are labelled HAMER made in the USA and read 12K b and 11K n. Don't know what mags are in it tho. Apparently made by DiMarzio. Sounds very classic rock to me but i feel they lack a bit in the hi's, maybe because of the neck-thru mahogany construction. Nothing an EQ couldn't fix. Don't know if they are considered PAF's being over 10k, but all in all a good sounding pu.
              Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
              Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Originally posted by GregJr View Post
                I have an old 1984-5-ish Hamer Phantom made in the USA. Pu's are labelled HAMER made in the USA and read 12K b and 11K n. Don't know what mags are in it tho. Apparently made by DiMarzio. Sounds very classic rock to me but i feel they lack a bit in the hi's, maybe because of the neck-thru mahogany construction. Nothing an EQ couldn't fix. Don't know if they are considered PAF's being over 10k, but all in all a good sounding pu.
                yep! that's the power level on Hamer stock Dimarzio pick-ups creeping up... as metal began to rule the 80s
                I believe those are Alnico V and the lack of high frequency is probably the pick-ups. I have 90s era Mahogany Phantoms with stock Duncan pick-ups and they sound amazing, very nice highs and warm mahogany flavored mids.

Comment

Working...
                X