Pickup Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Help Needed

Okay, so I have a PRS SE Singlecut, Mahogany body with a Axis DiMarzio pickup in the neck and a Duncan Invader in the bridge. I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on what might be a better suit as a bridge pickup because the Invader is just not working well with the Axis, I would like to stick to a Duncan in the bridge but I definitely need a pickup with a more adaptable sound my playing styles vary from light rock through to metal so any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance
    Originally posted by GilmourD
    I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

Originally posted by tc
    This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Re: Pickup Help Needed

Light rock to metal sounds like the Sh-5 custom to me. What amp and specifically how heavy are your metal tastes?
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

I am currently using a Marshall MG rig but I take a preference to the Laney LC series, my metal tastes sort of vary I like playing Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine, but as I said I often play things like Oasis and Michael Buble also.
      Originally posted by GilmourD
      I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

Originally posted by tc
      This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Comment

I'd go either with a Custom or Alt 8.
        Originally posted by KBliss
        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
        Originally posted by trevorus
        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
        X