SLash set with High gain (Vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLash set with High gain (Vid)

A quickly shot vid of the Slash Set through my 5153.

2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Re: SLash set with High gain (Vid)

Look forward to checking this out when I get off work!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Sounds good man!
      Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
      If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Great video. The 5153 is an AWESOME amp. I'm surprised it sounds that tight because I remember my Slash set sounding kind of loose and bassy. Eddie has an incredible ear for tone. The 5153 has THE perfect voicing. I wish he would design more amps. Are you using a G-Major for effects?

Comment

Awesome!! Great playing and great tone!!! Nice to hear a demo of the Slash set playing something other than GNR covers! Obviously, they do that well, but Ive seen em in a diff light now too and I really like em that way too!
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

SLash set with High gain (Vid)

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
            Great video. The 5153 is an AWESOME amp. I'm surprised it sounds that tight because I remember my Slash set sounding kind of loose and bassy. Eddie has an incredible ear for tone. The 5153 has THE perfect voicing. I wish he would design more amps. Are you using a G-Major for effects?
            Thanks. I really dig the Slash set, but I tend to bounce between them and the Custom/ 59n combo a lot. It really depends on my mood. The Slash set gets me some great tones, but I have to fight a little harder for them. The Custom gets me there a little easier.

The 5153 is a great amp. If you want to hear it just kill I'll need to make a decent video of it with my alder body Charvel Journeyman loaded with a JB. That guitar just sings through this amp. I'm using the G-Major 2 for verb, delay and a bit of pitch shift. Although if you throw a DD3 in the loop is sounds killer as well. If I ever pick up a decent reverb pedal, I would probably just use the DD3 and verb for all of my effects needs. I can't do bone dry...lol.

Comment

Good video, sounded a little like Eddie Van Halen got hold of Slash's guitar. I mean that in a good way. I've been wondering about these pickups and like what I hear. That amp sounds great for hard rock.

Comment

Pretty cool, man. Great sounding amp and quite impressed with the neck pu - fat but clear.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

SWEET! Been looking forward to this. Great video man... good tone & playing.

Comment

Great playing, those sound much better on high gain than I expected! What type of Les Paul is that? I've been looking for one in that finish for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                      Thanks. I really dig the Slash set, but I tend to bounce between them and the Custom/ 59n combo a lot. It really depends on my mood. The Slash set gets me some great tones, but I have to fight a little harder for them. The Custom gets me there a little easier.

The 5153 is a great amp. If you want to hear it just kill I'll need to make a decent video of it with my alder body Charvel Journeyman loaded with a JB. That guitar just sings through this amp. I'm using the G-Major 2 for verb, delay and a bit of pitch shift. Although if you throw a DD3 in the loop is sounds killer as well. If I ever pick up a decent reverb pedal, I would probably just use the DD3 and verb for all of my effects needs. I can't do bone dry...lol.
                      I'm a bit surprised that you would prefer the 59 neck over the Slash neck though. Is there any certain reason or just like the vibe of the 59 more?

Comment

Originally posted by bloughlin16 View Post
                        Great playing, those sound much better on high gain than I expected! What type of Les Paul is that? I've been looking for one in that finish for ages.
                        Thanks! The Les Paul is a 2005 Standard. The color is honeyburst.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                          I'm a bit surprised that you would prefer the 59 neck over the Slash neck though. Is there any certain reason or just like the vibe of the 59 more?
                          Both are great pickups. I've had a 59n in at least one guitar for the past 20 years. Lol. So I guess that's what my ear perceives as the "standard" neck tone. The 59 has a very gutsy feel when soloing above the 12the fret under gain. When you dig in, it just feels right to me. The Slash sings in this way as well. So I could definitely use either pickup. I just think the 59 is a better compliment to the Custom.

Comment

Working...
                          X