banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom vs 59/Custom for (Hard) Rock - Go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom vs 59/Custom for (Hard) Rock - Go...

I play Marshall based mid-to-high gain amps with a Tele H-H parts caster.

COC, Black Crowes, GNR, Stones, CCR, etc.

What say you??

Re: Custom vs 59/Custom for (Hard) Rock - Go...

I find that the custom works really well for CoC and with an adjustment to the amount of gain I'm sure you can cop a convincing tone. Hell, I use mine for bluesy stuff too.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Well, lower output pickups can give you the cleaner tones (stones/Black crowes), but thicker toned pickups struggle to get cleaner. The c/59 would be my suggestion, but thats a large range for 1 pickup to do.

Comment

I've not used the Custom, but I've got a Custom/59 and it kicks ass. I've used it in my Strat in a doom metal band and in my classic rock band and it works awesomely in both situations. If you wire it up to a split (to the 59 coil preferably) and use something vintage to medium output, you'd have all the versatility you'd need.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Thx, guys. I'm torn and have both. Since I have high gain amps with lots of preamp gain, I think I'm leaning toward the 59/Custom.

Comment

59/custom. Just do it. Especially what you wanna use it for.

Comment

Working...
            X