Options other than JB jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options other than JB jr.

I'm looking at upgrading the pickups in my Ibanez RG. I't is a h/s/h pickup configuration, basswood body and will be used mostly for metal and hard rock. I have chosen a custom for the bridge and a 59 for the neck. I'm looking for a single in the middle to compliment these two pickups. Any suggestions?

Re: Options other than JB jr.

Personally i have had the greatest results with the SSL-6 Custom Flat in H-S-H configurations and in RG's or similar guitars, works real sweet in the #2 and #4 pos of the 5-way when combined with a splitted humbucker as well.
    If you want to hear some sound samples of the SSL-6 in combination with a Duncan Custom in the bridge and neck check out this website and check the soundfiles. Most songs are played with a Vigier Excalibur:

Check it out, you ll get an idea of what to expect out of the SSL-6 and Duncan Custom in the bridge.
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Sounds good JEM. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by sac
        Sounds good JEM. Thanks for the input.
        Any time bro! Glad i could help!
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Hey JEM what are your thoughts on the 59 in the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by sac
            Hey JEM what are your thoughts on the 59 in the neck?
            If you are talking about the humbucker '59 in the neck spot, you are talkin about an ACE tone!!
            Real good in the neck position and real versatile as well (think:you ll be able to play true metal and be very articulate, while when switching to clean, you ll still have a great PAF sound there!!). One of the best neck choices in H-S-H configuration! Sounds real well in the #2 when split as well. VERY good neck pup sac, i guarantee you!!

Comment

This isn;t really my area, but how about a cool rails or an SSL-3 Hot?
              "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Hot rail? cool rail? Jb jr
                Cornford Hellcat
                Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
                Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
                Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
                Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Working...