Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Slash pickups?

Hi guys,

I could use some help here. I just received a set of the Slash signature APH2s from Amazon.co.uk. Based on pictures I've seen online, they don't seem the real deal to me. There is no logo/signature on the back, the wires look different and the pole-piece screws are both on the black pickup cover - from what I've seen one should be on the white. Also, there is no way to tell which one is bridge and which one is neck.

Check them out here:

Any thoughts?

Re: Fake Slash pickups?

Those are not Duncans. Wrong color baseplate a. No model number sticker and no signature on the bottom. Sorry, but those are fake.
    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
      Those are not Duncans. Wrong color baseplate a. No model number sticker and no signature on the bottom. Sorry, but those are fake.
      Yeah, that's what I thought. And to think I bought them directly from Amazon and not another seller...

Thank you.

Comment

The box is a Duncan, alright.

OTOH, the p'ups are NOT.

Ask for a refund ASAP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow - obvious at a glance to me too!

Somebody notify Duncan as well. Must be friends of Big Flannels local guitar shop….
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks guys, it was pretty obvious to me too from the moment I saw them. Just thought I'd make sure. I was very eagerly waiting to get my hands on them so I was in denial for a little while. I did email Amazon and will be sending the pickups back asap. I also sent an email to SD customer service, still awaiting their reply.

I figure some idiot at the Amazon warehouse swapped them out with a cheap set and took the SDs home...and figured nobody would notice??

Thanks again.

Comment

Are they actually sold by Amazon or a third party through Amazon?

Amazon is good attitude making things right. You shouldn't have a problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
              Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post

Just what I was going to say. See who fulfilled the order. It may not have been Amazon but they will/should still help with getting it taken care of.

Comment

Reminds me of the guy that bought a camera from Dell.com only to find wood and bricks inside.

Someone probably bought, swapped and returned their pickups and Amazon was none the wiser.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post

These were actually sold by Amazon UK and not a third seller, and they were the last pair in stock. That's why I bought them from Amazon, so that I would get 2 day delivery. I don't usually buy guitar gear from them.

Well I guess I learned my lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      Reminds me of the guy that bought a camera from Dell.com only to find wood and bricks inside.

Someone probably bought, swapped and returned their pickups and Amazon was none the wiser.
                      Aah of course, at first I figured someone at the Amazon warehouse swapped them out with a cheap set and took the SDs home, but your version makes more sense...
                      Last edited by Big Papi; 03-05-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

wire colors all wrong too
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Wow - obvious at a glance to me too!

Somebody notify Duncan as well. Must be friends of Big Flannels local guitar shop….
                          The "funny" thing is, that's the same kind of baseplate and wire that they tried to pawn off on me.

To the OP, request a refund immediately. That's just sad
                           Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

More likely those are the pups that somebody replaced with a Slash set….
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

+1 on everything above. Aceman hit it right on the head. Some dooshrocket (my new favorite expletive) bought the pickups to replace his shi++y pups with and then when he got the Slash set, decided he'd make some coin off them by putting the old pups in the box and shipping them back to Amazon. Let Amazon know as soon as possible and they should be willing to fix the situation.
                              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                              Line 6 Helix
                              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X