banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products are Duncan working on for the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products are Duncan working on for the future?

Most of us here have seen the new releases from NAMM both pickup and pedal wise and before that the WLH set which seems to have rave reviews along with the Black Winters.

My question is if the Duncan company working on anything else innovative in the world of aftermarket pickups. For example the PATBs were innovative, the Zephyrs were innovative, the quick connect system was innovative, the Blackouts line was innovative along with other products even the reverse engineered Dimebucker was innovative.

Not to knock the vintage offerings that Mr. Duncan as they are great and wonderful products but i'm more curious as to what products of the future are their in the works that will offer further innovation or are their any at all as of right now? If so could you give a bit of insight into what they might be or even a simple yes or no will suffice since you might not be able to give out too much info.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Re: What products are Duncan working on for the future?

The Zen-Bucker.

I keed I keed. ; P
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

59/c hybrid was innovative too.

Comment

WAIT 48K DUAL CERAMIC RAIL WHAT??!?!????!?!
          Last edited by Falloffthebonetone; 03-06-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
            59/c hybrid was innovative too.
            Yes but Duncan didn't design it they produced it. But yes still innovative none the less. I would like to see a neck hybrid as well.
            Originally posted by KBliss
            WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
            Originally posted by trevorus
            The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Jazz/59

Comment

The answer is YES, though I'm sorry I don't have more details than that but you'll be the first to know. The video posted is just one example, but there are a couple things that I believe will be pretty exciting.

Comment

You have my attention with the Slug! Even if it's like that absurdly, almost distilled, level of alcohol beer from Sam Adams... I gotta try it!
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

This can be convenient. Much like all the variations of the Custom and the JB, now there can be variations of the mollusk models. Change the magnet and the Slug can be the Snail.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

I want the slug.

It is insane, and I have a suspicion I would love it in my one pickup hardtail.

Comment

Does the world REALLY need another Death Metal p'up?

Are the shredders the biggest market for Duncan p'ups?

You may as well state: "Seymour Duncan Pickup Co. A Subsidiary (succube?) of Di Marzio"

Wanna make even more money out of that market? Just open a friggin' Tatoo Parlor!

Comment

I'm curious what metal players look for in a pickup. They typically use so much gain that most of the adjectives you'd use to describe the clean / dirty tones of a pickup don't apply or don't matter much. It seems like all the color comes from the amp and pedals and all you need the guitar do is put out a hot, sustainy tone to produce notes. To that end, this 48k pickup seems very on the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                            Does the world REALLY need another Death Metal p'up?

Are the shredders the biggest market for Duncan p'ups?

You may as well state: "Seymour Duncan Pickup Co. A Subsidiary (succube?) of Di Marzio"

Wanna make even more money out of that market? Just open a friggin' Tatoo Parlor!
                            The planets have aligned. As I find 100% of what LtK is saying/asking to be on-target.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                              I'm curious what metal players look for in a pickup. They typically use so much gain that most of the adjectives you'd use to describe the clean / dirty tones of a pickup don't apply or don't matter much. It seems like all the color comes from the amp and pedals and all you need the guitar do is put out a hot, sustainy tone to produce notes. To that end, this 48k pickup seems very on the nose.
                              It's quite clear to me that you don't know much about metal players.

Trust me when I say this:

Guitarists who play metal are some of the most critical people with gear.

In the end, with almost any genre where electric guitar is used, the biggest factor in tone (other than fingers) will be the amp.

You shouldn't plug in to a cranked AC30 and expect sparkley fender cleans.

Metalheads buy aftermarket pickups for the same reason jazz guys do. It's to bring out the full potential of the guitar in question.
                              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                              Originally posted by CTN
                              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Working...
                              X