banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of forum special pickup could and would you take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What kind of forum special pickup could and would you take?

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    Right. '78's are Custom Shop and too expensive for the average player. But Duncan should either make the '78 regular production (why isn't it already?) or wind another bridge PAF to 9K.
    It's not my fault you're too much of a cheap bastard to pay for a CS pickup.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Until two pages ago this was very much on track with the split-style P90 voiced in a humbucker format. Something that has not been done.

Bluesman wants to re-roll the brobucker. Let's buy him one so that we can go back to work.

Comment

This idea is something new and something awesome.

Split coil, noiseless, p90 sound, single coil in a humbucker housing is pretty far off the mark of normal humbuckers. I'd think this idea is giving something new a try. If it is made, I think some of us will for sure buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibson 1964 View Post
          This idea is something new and something awesome.

Split coil, noiseless, p90 sound, single coil in a humbucker housing is pretty far off the mark of normal humbuckers. I'd think this idea is giving something new a try. If it is made, I think some of us will for sure buy it.
          It certainly looked popular before the thread got randomized 2 pages ago

Maybe we should drive this forward at this point. There even was positive feedback from SD that it sounds doable technically and that such a proposal could be brought forward.

Comment

Right. '78's are Custom Shop and too expensive for the average player. But Duncan should either make the '78 regular production (why isn't it already?) or wind another bridge PAF to 9K.
            RIGHT?!

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
              I already answered your question. There isn't enough interest in it.

If you don't believe me, set up a runoff poll and see what happens.
              All we have to go on at this point is poll data, which only tells us there is less interest in a Strat or Tele pickup than a humbucker. Saying there is "not enough" interest is purely an assumption. Like I said a few posts back, nobody from SD has ever specified an explicit minimum order for these forum pickups. A second poll wouldn't change that.

To that point, how do we know that there's enough interest in a humbucker, or any pickup at all, to justify a forum run right now?

Look, I really don't mean to be a jerk about this ... I just wanted to point out that a large segment of the forum has thus far not been catered to when it comes to these special runs. If the consensus is to do the split P90-in-a-humbucker-cover thing, or whatever other idea comes along, that's fine. I won't buy it, but I'm sure people will, just as I'm sure people would buy a Strat or Tele pickup.
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                It's not my fault you're too much of a cheap bastard to pay for a CS pickup.
                Yep!!!

Get off your soap box...and your wallet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I can't think of a good reason why some models are in production (and probably weak sellers) while Brobuckers, C8's, and '78's aren't. Having them as regular production doesn't mean every retail outlet has to carry them. There are some existing Duncan PU's that should be more accessible and more affordable.
                  Aren't you an accountant? With hourly billing is figure you could find 160 for a pup.
                  “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Hey guys, this is the CUSTOM SHOP remember? Whatever we design for a humbucker casing, an individual could also ask for that tone in a strat or tele or p90 pickup or what have you. I wanted a strat pickup too but I could live with a humbucker rout choice on the official one, then if I'm GASing for the tone in my strat then I'll just ask for it's tone in a single coil form. Probably wouldn't be too hard. Also I don't really know what is stopping us from splitting up so one group focuses on a strat pickup they want, and another group fir the tele and so on.

Comment

That Z bucker idea is a good one!

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I personally love the idea of the Z90 or split design; a bunch of folks seem to be on board, which is really cool. I think a bona-fide strat or tele pickup would have been great, but there are far more folks with humbucker equipped guitars. No big deal. That said, I would prefer something like this Z90 idea to another straight up humbucker. I mean really.....hybrids? Make your own. Easy. A 9k PAF? MJ can wind you whatever you want or if you don't want to go there, the new "Whole lotta" is pretty darn close and has been getting rave reviews. We also have a lot of choice in the high output camp as well; we don't need to make a bloody alnico8 dimebucker wound to 20k or something like that. A lot of good points and ideas have been brought to bear....lets see if we can stay the course and get something going!

Comment

Even though a tele pickup is probably not a possibility at this point (le sigh) I'm just curious as to what you guys would want in a forum run CS tele pickup.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                            Even though a tele pickup is probably not a possibility at this point (le sigh) I'm just curious as to what you guys would want in a forum run CS tele pickup.
                            Regarding your question: I would love to have a 7.5K/10K flat a3 #43 (Broadcaster) tele lead pickup. I dunno if this tap would be feasible.

I would really be interested in that pickup even though I have more than a few tele pickups that I have not extensively used: a BG1400 and an Ellis 10K Broadcaster (flat a3 #43 wire), and some others.

That said, I think we should stay on track about them Z90 pickups... That's a cool design.

B

Comment

Can we just call it the Z90?

Comment

I think we already did? No? Then again, there is the Harmonic Design's z90... their "PhatCat".

B

Comment

Working...
                                X