Black Winter Bridge with Neck and Middle YJM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter Bridge with Neck and Middle YJM

I have no experience with these things. So those that do, we are shooting for:
    Versatility (Black Label Society, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Rhoads, Sabbath, Zappa, Blackmore, Clapton, Hendrix, Trower, SRV)
    Articulation (Pick dynamics and string separation across all pickups. "hear every note")
    Heavy, full, punchy, tight tone (guitarist used the term "hammer on anvil" rhythm sound)
    Flexible treble and high end response that won't sound scratchy or messy all the time.
    Less compression than a typical active
    Quiet (minimal hum or feedback)
    Picks up harmonic content well (pinch, natural, overtones)
    Good split/parallel bridge pickup
    Suitable for a Mahogany body Maple bolt on neck 25.5 scale and SS frets, Rosewood board and Tremolo bridge with a heavy block of our choice. (suggestions welcome)

We've considered the JB for the bridge but we down tune often so we would like something more aggressive and modern for this one. Then the Distortion but we heard this baby has a little more on it in terms of tonal ground it can cover well.
    I have also heard that the YJM CAN work some more contemporary strat tones while having exceptional clarity and dynamics when under gain without noise. We have also heard legends of how articulate and clean the Black Winter can get on the forum here.

Did I get the wrong impression for these things? Would they balance well together? Anything I'm overlooking? They are replacing the emg 81/60 set but in a new guitar we are making. We were gonna go to the custom shop but this set up might fit the bill. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Falloffthebonetone; 03-07-2014, 04:53 PM.

Re: Black Winter Bridge with Neck and Middle YJM

I'm really surprised no one has replied to this yet, but everything you mentioned describes the Black Winter accurately. Out of every pickup I've ever played, it's my top. My only gripe is that I think the Ceramic mags should be swapped for Alnico 8's, but that's just me.
    Help me start my solo project! http://www.gofundme.com/AndrewWukusick
    Ibanez RG421QM + Black Winters
    Gibson SGJ 2014 + Custom 8
    Epiphone Les Paul Jr 1957 Reissue + SP90-2
    Schecter C-7 + Nazgul

Comment

Re: Black Winter Bridge with Neck and Middle YJM

I am currently using the YJM Fury neck with a JB birdge in my poplar strat, I like this combo so far but my only concern would be how "hotter" is the black winter compared to JB, if too hot I am not sure how good match it would be for black winter.

If I were you I would select a second alternative for neck and if the YJM Fury does not meet your expectation then you should be able exercise that 21 day exchange guarantee, asuming you still want to use the black winter.
      Last edited by IMENATOR; 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
      X