Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about dual coil split

Hi everyone,

I have a ESP Ltd EC-1000T which is two humbuckers (Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 pro 4 conductor), two volume one tone knob configuration with three way toggle switch.
    I recently bought two push pulls to do coil splits on both humbuckers but found a diagram for dual coil split on one switch and out of phase for the other. So i decided to go that route.
    I used a diagram from guitarelectronics.com which I added colors from Seymour Duncan color codes and changed the path of the wires to make it easier for me to read. I have supplied a picture in the attachments.

The the end result was a success, so now I have dual coil splits and out of phase from the neck. Now comes my question.

Is it possible to wire the push pull so I have the outer (Adjustable screws) coil split for the neck humbucker and inner (slug) coil split for the bridge humbucker and wire the second push pull to have out of phase switching?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marker853; 03-10-2014, 04:18 PM.

Re: Quick question about dual coil split

Yup. The diagram is correct.
    Be aware that when you have just the neck selected and the splitter on, if you have oophaser on you will reverse the coil split.
    So:

3-way / OOP / Splitter ==> combo
    Rythm / off / off ==> Neck humbucker
    Rythm / off / on ==> Neck-slug
    Rythm / on / off ==> Neck-humbucker
    Rythm / on / on ==> Neck-screw

Middle / off / off ==> Neck-humbucker in parallel with Bridge-humbucker
    Middle / off / on ==> Neck-slug in parallel with Bridge-screw
    Middle / on / off ==> Neck-humbucker in parallel with Bridge-humbucker, Out-of-phase
    Middle / on / on ==> Neck-screw in parallel with Bridge-screw, Out-of-phase

Treble / off / off ==> Bridge-humbucker
    Treble / off / on ==> Bridge-screw
    Treble / on / off ==> Bridge-humbucker
    Treble / on /on ==> Bridge-screw
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Re: Quick question about dual coil split

I thought this guitarelectronics.com diagram is wired so the bridge and neck splits are utilizing the slugs.

Comment

Working...
      X