Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Shots with Molex Quick Connectors

Greetings,

I'm quite interested in trying out a set of Triple Shot rings. Their switching ability seems a better solution than adding (or even using existing) push-pulls to access coil splitting (particularly as I'm also interested in trying out P-rails). And I like the idea of being more modular, especially for installation into a semi-hollow or similar "ship in a bottle" setup.

However, I'm wondering about taking it a step further. Instead of soldering your pup to the pcb, how about building a female molex on a little pigtail, and soldering that to the TS? And then adding the male molex to the pup end. It would be a little more work at first, but should allow pup swaps to be done in minutes, if not sooner.

As far as which connector to use, I know that Gibson has been doing them for some time. Can their little 5-pin guy be considered pretty much a standard? I know they're pretty tiny (delicate to work with), but any other reason to use a different type?

Any general concerns for using connectors and/or the TS rings themselves (sound, shielding, etc)?
Working...
X