PRS SE CU24 PU Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE CU24 PU Swap

So.... I have a PRS SE CU24 .I am swapping out the stock PU's and have ordered a SD '59-B in the neck position an a TB-16 for the bridge. The '59-B comes in @ 8.05k.
    The TB-16 @ 11.5k . Mahogany body, maple top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 25" scale. Any thoughts ?

Re: PRS SE CU24 PU Swap

Should sound great. What are you going to be using the guitar for music wise? What do you want it to sound like?
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I was considering using it as a all-around guitar from pop -rock-blues. The '59-b in the neck is kind of an accident with an order mix-up. I originally ordered a sh-1n '59 short-leg but have been sent a sh-1b '59 by mistake. After talking to SD they said it might be just fine with the hotter TB-16. My only concern was how much darker the "B" would be.

Comment

The bridge would be brighter than the neck most likely but 59s are pretty bright anyway, but you can take advantage of the return policy if you bought it new and find out you don't want it after you try it.

For what you want that set will be just fine and will be on the bright side of things.
        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I hope it will all work out. The SD return policy is a comfort in this case. I will give a shout when they arrive and I install them. Thanks for your response.

Comment

No problem and welcome to the forum. Lets us know your feed back once they arrive.

Comment

Working...
            X