Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single P-rails Wiring Help!

Hey Everyone!
    I finally decided to join up and make an account on here! I'll get right to the point:

I'm working on a custom Thinline Tele with a GFS Surf 90 in the Bridge and a Duncan P-rails in the neck. I want to wire it with the standard tele 3-way pickup selector for the pickups, and a 3 position switch for the P-rails to change between the P90/humbucker/single coil. I've come up with the following wiring diagram and was hoping someone could tell me if it looks right? My main areas of question are with the "import" style pickup selector and the 3-way swithc for the P-rails. I've seen a couple of different ways to do the 3-way pickup selector, but this one make the most sense to me?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	5832528
    ATTACH=CONFIG]51955[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Re: Single P-rails Wiring Help!

I just realized i left 2 wires unconnected in the diagram... Oops! But yes, they are actually attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That wiring scheme for the P-Rails should work fine, however the import 3-way can vary. Sometimes you can shine a light against the plastic housing and see the wiper move, and see where it makes contact and where it doesn't for each position. Usually there are 8 lugs, which are actually 2 pair of 1, 2, 3, and Common, or 3,2,1, Common, or Common, 1, 2, 3, or Common 3, 2, 1.
      Sometimes the two center lugs are the Commons, sometimes it's the outermost lugs.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Thanks for the help! I wired it up and it seems right. I can't install it in the guitar yet but I tested each pickup and it seems to work as desired. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X