Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stairway to heaven Tele sound

Originally posted by MkIII Renegade View Post
    Yep, that's what I recall hearing. Although when I hear Pagey play a LP, it doesn't sound like what I think of as a typical LP sound, it sounds like Pagey. A bit thin and choppy, but very cool.
    Except for "Tea for One", on that particular song I hear perhaps the archetype of vintage Les Paul tone...well erm, I guess his Les Paul wasn't exactly "vintage" then but close enough! But yeah, I agree, much of the time it's almost downright twangy, weedy, wiry...of course then he's probably employing aspects of that famous switching system.
    Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
    Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
    Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
    Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Has anyone seen this?

Communication Breakdown- Led Zeppelin 1969- Danis…: http://youtu.be/a7dA6M3UXSw

Hear this and other video, same show: it is absolutely possible that he used a tele, but who knows?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
        Has anyone seen this?

Communication Breakdown- Led Zeppelin 1969- Danis…: http://youtu.be/a7dA6M3UXSw

Hear this and other video, same show: it is absolutely possible that he used a tele, but who knows?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk
        That was sensational!

Never seen Page so ON.

Great rhythm playing - dug the solo too.

That's how I'd like to remember Led Zeppelin.
        Last edited by Lewguitar; 03-17-2014, 01:53 PM.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
          Except for "Tea for One", on that particular song I hear perhaps the archetype of vintage Les Paul tone...well erm, I guess his Les Paul wasn't exactly "vintage" then but close enough! But yeah, I agree, much of the time it's almost downright twangy, weedy, wiry...of course then he's probably employing aspects of that famous switching system.
          Page used a LPB strat all over the "Presence" album.
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
            That was sensational!

Never seen Page so ON.

Great rhythm playing - dug the solo too.

That's how I'd like to remember Led Zeppelin.
            Agreed..Before the weed,coke,and the heroin days say mid 70s. By about late 70s I thought Page looked and played kinda terrible!
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
            X