Wiring Diagram Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram Help

Okay so I am trying to create a pretty odd wiring setup, I need some help with creating a diagram to work with I am going to be wiring my guitar with a standard pickup switch, a volume and tone thats where normal finishes I also am going to be installing a on/on switch coil tap and a button killswitch is there anyone who could lay this out for me. Both of my pickups have four conductor wiring so that isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by GilmourD
    I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

Originally posted by tc
    This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Re: Wiring Diagram Help

Other than the kill switch, that sounds like this diagram:

For the kill switch, instead of sending the wire from the master volume to the output, you would want to add in this switch:

That should do it.
    -
    Austin
    Last edited by austin; 03-17-2014, 07:12 AM.
    "Brobucker? Does it smell like Axe body spray, Smirnoff Ice, and is best suited for playing Nickleback covers?"

Comment

I presume you mean coil split not "coil tap" since you say both of your pups have 4 conductor wiring. And by "standard pickup switch" I assume you are referring to a Les Paul type toggle.

This diagram shows the coil split:

It shows a push/pull vol pot but can be a separate toggle switch wired just the same. The kill switch (a single pole on/off?, or two pole which shorts the output to ground?) can be added to the "hot" wire leading to the output jack.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated these should seriously help out and my apologies for calling it a coil tap, its sort of a home town slang thing.
        Originally posted by GilmourD
        I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

Originally posted by tc
        This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Comment

Working...
        X