Strat pickup replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat pickup replacement

I have a 1998 MIJ Fender Strat (s-s-s) that I am looking to replace the pickups in. I have tried to get opinions everywhere that I can, and finally found this forum. I thought I might get input from you folks as well! I am looking to change my strat to something like this:

BR = Hot Rails or Fast Track II

MID = Lil 59 or Texas Special or other

NECK = Texas Special or other

I am looking for tone input and tips or tricks. I run this guitar through a few pedals (ts-9, jackhammer, wah, tuner) to Fender Deville 2x12. I play everything from Southern Rock to Blues, to Metal and Hard Rock. I have a newer Kramer Baretta to handle the humbucker stuff, but use this for the vintage, classic rock stuff. I welcome any and all comments....

Thanks,

Mark
    Last edited by bluesman001; 01-25-2005, 08:02 PM.

Re: Strat pickup replacement

welcome to the forum!!

for classic rock, blues, metal and hard rock and since you have a hot humbucker loaded guitar i might go with something else besides a hot rail or fast track 2. ive used both and they sound great but i dont think they have good vintage rock blues tone. they do metal and hard rock fine but something like the jb jr isnt quite as over the top and gets a better clean/mildly distorted tone and still screams when you want it to.

what tones are you trying to get? you like brighter tones? noise cancelling important? single coil in the neck? seems like you have some good stuff to get some tone from

Comment

Re: Strat pickup replacement

Jeremy,

In everything I play except blues, I tend to lean on metal in my delivery of songs. That's why I was thinking the hot rails. But I see what you mean. I could go for a lil 59 in the strat bridge to get the "vintage classic rock" sounds and leave the heavy stuff for the kramer guitar. I played a Ty Tabor yamaha once and did not like the JB (bridge) or the vintage rails (neck middle) at all.....

Comment

Working...
      X