No announcement yet.

Acoustic soundhole pickup on electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic soundhole pickup on electric?

I'm just thinking out loud here but it was just wondering, what would an acoustic magnetic sound hole pickup sound like if it was mounted on an electric, or maybe an archtop electric?

As far as I know, sound hole pickups are made to sound as transparent as possible to allow for the full acoustic sound of the instrument to come through so I would like to hear your thoughts on what it would sound like on a solid body, semi hollow or hollow electric. Do you think it would bring out the woody tone or just sound thin and weak?

Anyone ever try it?

I'm thinking that this could make a nice neck pickup on an electric that would otherwise suffer from being to dark and woofy.

Just to be clear I'm not taking about piezo's, I'm talking about magnetic sound hole pickups like the SD Woody or the Don Lace acoustic bronze.

Just my random thoughts... Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
    There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Re: Acoustic soundhole pickup on electric?

There's a guy named Corb Lund that plays a hollowbody Gretsch with an acoustic magnetic pickup in the neck slot. When I saw him live, it sounded a lot like he was playing an acoustic guitar.

Hope Estate was the venue for the 2013 CMC Rocks the Hunter with country artists from New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA. Pictured here is Corb Lund and his band members.
    Last edited by Matt42; 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM.
    Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
    X