Let's play "name that tele pickup"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play "name that tele pickup"!

Trying to get some Tele projects together, and digging thru my pup box I came across a Fender set of pups that I have no idea where they came from.

Bridge measures 9.9k, and the neck is 8.3k.

I thought they might be a Nocaster set, but the raised poles cause some doubt.

Any ideas?

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Re: Let's play "name that tele pickup"!

Tx Spcls.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Hmmm... You may be right on the bridge, but the TX neck has three wires. There is no guaranty these were ever a set anyway (just in the same box in my stash).

Assuming you are correct, anyone know how they sound (and what Duncan compares?)
      Last edited by Ayrton; 03-23-2014, 11:53 PM.
      -Chris

Comment

Tx specials are the equivalent of the custom shop Strat Fender Tx Spcls. Overwound, thicker, not too bright.Still very classic Fender Tele sound, if a bit exagerated. Very good pickups.I just guessed. I have no idea.Your bridge seems a littel hot for a TX Spcl./
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I confess I did not even know there was a Tele version the Texas Specials... I looked them up after your post. Fender says the bridge is 10.5k, so 9.9 on my meter could very well be it.

I have a CS tele that came with a Twisted Tele Neck, and hot NoCaster Bridge that kills. Unfortunately trying to get a set outside the custom shop is a PITA.
          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
            Trying to get some Tele projects together, and digging thru my pup box I came across a Fender set of pups that I have no idea where they came from.

Bridge measures 9.9k, and the neck is 8.3k.

I thought they might be a Nocaster set, but the raised poles cause some doubt.

Any ideas?

Seat sniffers wet dream?
            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Can't be positive but I'm thinking Texas Specials. Early Texas Special necks that were stock in a guitar (not over the counter/aftermarket parts) only had 2 wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The Alnico II Pro Rhythm is said to have a DCR of 8.1k http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones/view/13

Comment

Working...
                X