banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A covered pickup close to a Gibson Dirty Fingers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A covered pickup close to a Gibson Dirty Fingers??

I have heard/played this pickup in several guitars and it is the sound i'm looking for!. Problem is.. I'm looking for a "covered" pickup to match the SG i'm going to be purchasing soon. With a quick look on google I found these pickups are Not available in a covered form and i'm not a huge fan of (open-coils) on an SG.
    To my surprise (never knew) they do make 12 hole screw covers that I believe(?) would be compatible with the 12 screw DF pickups..Honestly.I'd rather Not
    have (added expenses) and worry that i'll make the pickup "microphonic?!?!"..Now, I have head the Duncan (Invader) is somewhat similar in sound ,but again only are available (open-coil) with the gigantic hex-nuts...So.. Does anyone know of a very similar sounding bridge replacement pickup in which Already contains a cover?.. I might just try to (wax pot) the DF myself, though I wish Gibson offered these with a chrome cover!..Is there a pickup out there (any brand) that is comparable?.Thanks

Re: A covered pickup close to a Gibson Dirty Fingers??

For the record, you can install a normal 49.2mm polepiece-spreaded cover on a DF.

Or, a 12-hole, 49.2mm polepiece-spreaded coved too.

If correctly installed, no "microphonics" will be added by the cover, no need to wax-pot again whatsoever.

HTH,
    Last edited by LtKojak; 03-24-2014, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      For the record, you can install a normal 49.2mm polepiece-spreaded cover on a DF.

Or, a 12-hole, 49.2mm polepiece-spreaded coved too.

If correctly installed, no "microphonics" will be added by the cover, no need to wax-pot again whatsoever.

HTH,
      Yep, yep and yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

One of the guys in Russian Circles has a Dirty Fingers with a 6 hole cover. Just screw the screws on the covered side down and cover them with a bit of tape if you're worried about screw to cover contact.

Comment

Working...
        X