7 string fanned fret guitar with 8 string angled pu'ps - what will work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string fanned fret guitar with 8 string angled pu'ps - what will work

I am looking at possibly buying an Agile Pendulum Pro 72527.
    They use their 8 bar passive Cepheus pickups as they are very angled.
    Because of this, I would need to switch to another 8 string set if I felt I 'needed' to do so.
    Aside from the obvious 'going to have one pole under the outside strings" or going to be 'between poles' on everything, is there some consideration that needs to be taken when choosing pickups?
    I'd want copious amounts of gain, so probably a black winter, nazgul, invader bridge with sentient neck

here's the picture, if I can link it..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pendpro72527ebcpnatmahog5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	5832635

any advice is appreciated, I'm pretty good with working on stuff, but this extreme angle has me at a disadvantage

Re: 7 string fanned fret guitar with 8 string angled pu'ps - what will work

Out of your possible choices, I'd be most likely to go with an invader just because the huge polepieces is closest to approximating the continuous magnetic field of a blade compared to the other pickups and their normal screw/slug polepieces.

That said, I'd be tempted to get a custom shop set of rail/blade pickups wound to do whatever it is you want them to.

Comment

Re: 7 string fanned fret guitar with 8 string angled pu'ps - what will work

What about an 8 string blackout set?

they make one with an active set that is drop in for Blackout 8 and EMG 808

Click image for larger version

Name:	pendpro72527ebcanatmahog5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	5776601

I just really wanted the options of all the SD passives going forward.
      Last edited by ctgblue; 03-24-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X