Help me re-wire my Norlin Les Paul Custom... Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me re-wire my Norlin Les Paul Custom... Please

Is a Duncan Distortin better suited for a les paul. Or what are some moderate to hot pickups that will jive with my paticular guitar?

Comment

Distortions work well with the LP, just as long as metal is the main thing you want to be playing. Clean is not a forte.

Comment

Wouldn't consider a Duncan Distortion if you're going for Page and Cantrell tones, but something slightly more vintagey and sleaker.
        Screamin' Demon worked for me. DiMarzio Super Distortion sounded pretty rad to me too with a mahogany/ebony combo.

Comment

Like trevorus above, I'd go with the RS kit, and use the mini-switch as a coil tap. And for pickups, I'd try to choose between the WLH, Pearlys, Seths, Antiquitys, Gibson Burstbucker 1&2 or the Bonamassa sets. With Page being one of your heroes, the WLH set should do the job. If you go with too hot a humbucker, you'll lose the versatility inherent in that guitar.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
          X