banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me to clarify: Anti Log pots in a left handed Les Paul scheme.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to clarify: Anti Log pots in a left handed Les Paul scheme.

Hi all,
    So I've acquired some anti log (lefty) long shaft pots (bourns). And it's high time to get them installed. I'm wanting to do a 50's style scheme (it's a hagstrom swede 2009 so all mahagony in need of a brighter plan). I've rewired a strat before, but that was with regular pots that I now turn backwards.

So how would I go about making sure I'm wiring the right lugs. The pots have a 1,2,3 on each lug, so that will help. But I want to make SURE i've got it down. so I don't end up doing something backwards.

Any suggestions? any diagrams out there (I've not found one that accommodates this yet that I can be sure is correct).

thanks in advance
    Stuart

Re: Help me to clarify: Anti Log pots in a left handed Les Paul scheme.

so after a bit of reading, as far as I understand it I can mirror an image of any diagram and becuase I've got the antilog pots I'm good.

Cheers
    Stuart

Comment

Re: Help me to clarify: Anti Log pots in a left handed Les Paul scheme.

So here's the scheme I've got for now. But I'm not sure if it's good for the antilog pots I've got. Should I be attaching the hot wire of the pickups to the '1' tab or the '3' tab of the pots?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kyyscs2.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	5776643

Suggestions? Confirmations? here's the description of the scheme:

The red lines represent the hot wires, which will actually be vintage, cloth push-back wire with the braided shield. The gray lines represented ground wires and the blue dots are where they're soldered to the braided shield.

The one ground that's missing from the diagram is the bridge wire, but it will be soldered to the braided shield of the wire running to the jack, just like the rest of the control cavity grounds.
      Last edited by Stubish; 03-26-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X