Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried A5, UOA5, A4 in Seth L. w/very similar guitars

Friends,
    All of these guitars were played at low volume about 3, clean with a Blues Deluxe, treble on 7, mids on 4, bass 2. I tried the A5, A4, OUA5. All in a Seth in each guitar (bridge). The A5 was Quite sharp, focused on the bottom and a little harsh on the high end. The A4 seemed a little less harsh on the high end, but otherwise may have had a little less focus on the low end-W/ more mids, but is is very, very close. *To me*
    The UOA5 sounded almost as if I had a slight bit of gain on it. I know what someone meant when they said "bloom". These might all be different at a louder "band" volume, but here at home this is what I heard. So as of now, I prefer the A4 and A5 to the UOA5. There was a considerable difference to my ears from the UOA5 compared to the others. it seemed just a tad "softer and fuzzier" all over the spectrum. Again, slightly, but there. That was a surprise. I got these from addiction FX so I have to assume they marked the magnet correctly, but mistakes can happen.
    SJ
    Last edited by SJ318; 03-25-2014, 06:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Re: Tried A5, UOA5, A4 in Seth L. w/very similar guitars

That's cool. I wish you had had an A3 to throw in there as well! I am hoping that might be the ideal Seth pickup for what I am looking for. Same basic tone as A2, but lower in strength, so hopefully less output and less compression.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Tried A5, UOA5, A4 in Seth L. w/very similar guitars

Yes,
      Please post ItsaBass when you get a chance to try the A3.
      SJ

Comment

Working...
      X