I need a very bad SD pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need a very bad SD pickup

One with U-235 pole screws would be very bad. Not that you'd get to experience it for very long.
    Generic signature line.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
      One with U-235 pole screws would be very bad. Not that you'd get to experience it for very long.
      U-235, now THAT'S heavy metal.
       Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
        With a half-life of 704 million years, U235 isn't that radioactive. Putting half a dozen U235 pole pieces in a line would increase neutron production a bit but not enough to cause a thermal runaway (aka atom bomb). If instead you made a single coil sized humbucker using graphite bobbins and put a dozen pole pieces in that, energy output would be enhanced perhaps to the point of meltdown.
        Well at least I'm not blue.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
          That's right.
          I'm putting together a bad guitar so I need an awful Seymour Duncan pickup for bridge and neck. Guitar will be probably made of basswood, bold-on neck & floyd.
          What would you recommend?

If you're looking for a bad sounding pup from SD, you aren't going to find it. However, if you want a "bad" pup from SD, there are too many to list.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Just go to the custom shop with a bag of Yngwie Malmsteen's hair a refrigerator magnet and a sewing ma chine. They should be able to make something with it.

Comment

Working...
            X