Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez S570 replacing the original humbuckers

Hi!
    I have an Ibanez S570b with a HSH pup system, and I want to replace the original INF humbuckers. I have bought SH-4 JB for the bridge and SH-2n jazz for the neck, and for now I'm going to keep the original mid coil.

The question is: how do i wire it? I have never done this before, therefore I need some help from someone more experienced I can't find any wiring diagrams for my guitar though. I want to wire it so that it works the same way as before.

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Ibanez S570 replacing the original humbuckers

Does it have the old style switching or the newer ibanez coil split switching? If its the old style use this diagram http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...c=HSH_1v_1t_5w

If its the newer style I'm sorry I dont have a diagram for it but maybe someone else around here does. But the work isnt that hard anyways. If memory serves me right the white is hot the red is the split and the bare is the ground on the INF pickups. So take a couple decent cellphone pics as a back up. and then unsolder the pickups one at a time. Then put in your new one just make sure the duncan black is your hot and the black is your ground.

Another issue that might arise is the single coil might be out of phase with the humbuckers. If it is just swap the hots and the grounds on the humbuckers.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

There will be a main lead wire from the bridge and neck pickup which connect to lugs on one end of the switch, between them will be the neck pickup lead wire. These will be your standard "hot" output wires from your new pickup. Then there will be another wire from each pickup that connect to lugs on the other end of the switch, and there will be a lug between them that connects to ground. This is where you would connect the two wires for your "split coil" tones. Read the instructions with the pickups, and it will tell which is the normal hot lead, and which are the two you wire together for split tones.

Comment

I have used this website in the past and found it to be very helpful. I think this should be the schematic you need for a typical H/S/H setup with 5 way switch: http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...SH5L11-01.html

Then just compare that to a cheat sheet of Seymour Duncan wire colors: http://cdo.seymourduncan.com/blog/wp...ColorCodes.gif

Hope that helps!

Comment

What switch does it have? I'll get you a diagram linked asap.
          Ibanez RG7620 and RG1527 w/ SD Nazgūl/Sentient pickups.
          Ibanez Jem 555 x2 (White Black)
          Epiphone Custom Alpine White
          Epiphone LP standard with SD Alnico Slash Pickup
          Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom
          PRS SE Paul Allender
          Peavey 5150II

Www.soundcloud.com/fyregods singer and drummer wanted.

Comment

Is this correct?

Bridge hum (duncan): red and white goes to #3 on the switch. Black goes to #8. Green and bare goes to ground.

Neck hum (duncan): red and white goes to #1 on the switch. Black goes to #6. Green and bare goes to ground.

Comment

Well, this is what i know. The guitar is made in 2012 by Cort Indonesia factory, and it is completely original. I don't know if that's saying anything to you.

Comment

Did you get the wiring done yet? Have a Saber too and upgrading that as well after I do my RG1570. Let me kow how it worked! Cook.

Comment

Working...
                X