Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which SD sounds like a Fender CS '69?

Hey,
    looking for Duncan fender-like CS'69. was told to look, couldn't find it, or couldn't tell. needing very bright neck single coil. Could only find CS '69 as a set for too much money.
    Thanks
    SJB

Re: which SD sounds like a Fender CS '69?

Probably the Psychedelic Strat set. There's a thread on it here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...Custom-Shop-69

Comment

You like the 69s?

Comment

Thanks El S. & uOpt,
        On my way to the thread now and uOpt-in'69 I was a Jr. In high school, the best guitarist in the city (there were 3 as I recall) so all my "friends" were older guys who took me to a party somewhere with a drummer and I would play both of J.Beck's first albums, guitar parts only, the first L. Zeppelin album, guitar parts only, and got so much free pot (it was desirable back then) I had to hide bags of it under my bed, and best of all, I got to "sleep" with, "be" with-the most beautiful teenage woman/girl in the all of the high schools in my city. Yes, I am bragging. That is why I liked 1969. So the '69's have nostalgic ring to me and they came recommended. Sorry to get so far off topic-must be a record!
        Of course, all that ended when I got to be a senior, by then EVERYONE and their sisters played guitar in 4 piece bands and my girlfriend discovered something I did not have-money. And being beautiful, she could get any guy/man she wanted, and did, until she found one that owned half of Aberdeen's logging business. That's what I get for bragging.
        Thanks guys,
        SJB
        Last edited by SJ318; 04-09-2014, 02:34 AM. Reason: Too far off topic, still a good story though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
          Probably the Psychedelic Strat set. There's a thread on it here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...Custom-Shop-69
          I have a Psychedelic Set and it's great vintage sounding...

Comment

There isn't really a comparable Duncan, if you like to 69 just get the 69. They aren't any more expensive than Duncan, and you can find them used quite often. The 69 is probably my most favorite Strat neck pick up.

Comment

Thanks,
              Sold, gonna get just 1 from fender, cheaper than special ordering one fron G. Center. Thanks for all your help. Last thought-is the wire they use to make them brighter different than the 57/62 pup, besides a lower wind, in general? I do not know this stuff at all. Thanks for any last input.
              SJ

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                Thanks El S. & uOpt,
                On my way to the thread now and uOpt-in'69 I was a Jr. In high school, the best guitarist in the city (there were 3 as I recall) so all my "friends" were older guys who took me to a party somewhere with a drummer and I would play both of J.Beck's first albums, guitar parts only, the first L. Zeppelin album, guitar parts only, and got so much free pot (it was desirable back then) I had to hide bags of it under my bed, and best of all, I got to "sleep" with, "be" with-the most beautiful teenage woman/girl in the all of the high schools in my city. Yes, I am bragging. That is why I liked 1969. So the '69's have nostalgic ring to me and they came recommended. Sorry to get so far off topic-must be a record!
                Of course, all that ended when I got to be a senior, by then EVERYONE and their sisters played guitar in 4 piece bands and my girlfriend discovered something I did not have-money. And being beautiful, she could get any guy/man she wanted, and did, until she found one that owned half of Aberdeen's logging business. That's what I get for bragging.
                Thanks guys,
                SJB
                ? Summer of '69

Comment

i look for cs69 but with no hum too
                  which one in seymour ?

Comment

If you do not want the Psychedelic pups from SD, try out there SSL-1 set...great vintage sound.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
                      i look for cs69 but with no hum too
                      which one in seymour ?
                      Custom shop pickup number #205982. It's a Psychedelic Strat Stack Plus.

Comment

no hum?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

To the OP, the '69s are great and probably the cheapest way to get a set of grey bottom inspired pickups. The Pure Vintage '65s that come with the AVRI65 Strat are even better...but honestly, both sets will do the trick and the '69s are easier to find used. No production Duncan does that mid or late sixties Strat sound that I know of. The usual ones (SSL-1) are great pickups but are hotter. More mids and less piano-y hollow chime.

I haven't tried the Psychedelic Strat set, but I can say it's too expensive for me considering the other available options I've tried (Klein '65/'69, Fender CS69 or PV65, etc).

For the poster looking for a noiseless solution, DiMarzio Area '67s are great. I've never tried Kinman's take on the grey bottom.

Comment

Working...
                            X