Fspaced or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fspaced or not

After reading all this crap on the net i still dont know what humbucker i need for a 2 and 1/16th hipshot hardtail strat..Some say regular spacing will work for 2 and 1/16th,another says hes got an epiphone les paul and the f spaced lines up perfectly,another says regular spacing is only for the old tunomatics that measure below 2 and 1/16ths..This question is for sethlovers,not dimarzio which i know there fspacing is different from seymoure duncans..
    Last edited by grain; 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM.

Re: Fspaced or not

If the string spacing is really 2.0625 then you want either F-spacing or a trembucker. Though the seth lover as far as iam aware is only standard spacing (unless you custom shop it) that being said it will still work. The poles dont HAVE to line up. Some say it makes a small difference others say it makes no difference.

Oh and as a side note the hipshot is available in 2 string spacings so make you sure verify which you actually have before you buy pickups.
    Last edited by Edgecrusher; 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by grain View Post
      After reading all this crap on the net i still dont know what humbucker i need for a 2 and 1/16th hipshot hardtail strat..Some say regular spacing will work for 2 and 1/16th,another says hes got an epiphone les paul and the f spaced lines up perfectly,another says regular spacing is only for the old tunomatics that measure below 2 and 1/16ths..This question is for sethlovers,not dimarzio which i know there fspacing is different from seymoure duncans..
      I have 3 guitars with that bridge, while a standard space is close and works, f spaced fits perfectly. I have tried it. The hipshot is not as widea string spacing as some strat bridges I have, where standard spacing is actually something of a problem. I would say the difference is primarily cosmetic with the hipshot, but f spaced will definitely look better.

Comment

thx for the help -_-..I was hearing the blacktop strat came with f spaced humbuckers and that has 2 1/16th spacing but differences in pickup maufacturer fspacing,hard to tell.
        Last edited by grain; 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X