Thoughts on pickups for my Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on pickups for my Flying V

On MF the Epi V is made of Alder which would explain the brightness.
    Peavey Classic 50 2x12

Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH
    Fender Showmaster

Korg Pitchblack
    Boss Ph-2
    MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

Originally posted by Mllerrin
      On MF the Epi V is made of Alder which would explain the brightness.
      Mine is supposed to be korina --- its the 1958 repro.
      Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

thoughts on a Jazz/JB combo for the V?
        Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
        Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
        Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
        Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

I've already got the seth although it hasn't been installed in my guitar yet. I am going to put the Fralin in the neck too. I'll let everyone know when I get it all together.
          Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

When I think of a Flying V I immediatley see Albert King or Lonnie Mack. Both of those guys always got a ballsy but clean tone from the V. Both play guitars from the late 50's early 60's which means the guitars have PAF PUPS. If that is the sound you want I would say either the Seths or the Ants are the way to go. I think these two models come as close to a real PAF as you can get!
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I concur with the No CC bridge people. I like it in my paul, but maybe not in a bright guitar.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I am currently soldering an A2P/C5 combo... 500k pots. not sure how it'll sound, but I'll post for an update
                Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
                Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
                Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
                Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

Working...
                X