banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Before Nazgul/Pegasus/Sentient get a production 6-String Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Before Nazgul/Pegasus/Sentient get a production 6-String Version?

I really like all three of these pickups, but lean towards the Pegasus in the bridge just because it's a little more all-purpose. It was about a year or so into the Black Winter 6 string model's production before they made 7 string version production models, so anybody have any thoughts on when we'll see these awesome 7 string pickups get 6 string models? I can't say who/where but I've seen prototypes of a BW/Sentient 6 string set "out there", so I'm sure it's at least crossed SD's mind. I'd personally buy all three p'ups, but can't afford Custom Shop prices on them so general public production models would be sweet.

Re: How Long Before Nazgul/Pegasus/Sentient get a production 6-String Version?

This was brought up and addressed not that long ago

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
      This was brought up and addressed not that long ago

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Doing a search and it appears you may be right sir. I especially like what Scott Marceau said; "Be patient for a few more months... "

... So apparently I'm just behind the curve here. That's awesome!

Comment

i just got my custom shop nazgul sentient 6 string pickups i couldnt' wait for them to be released so i ordered a set from MJ. They sound great , i like them better then my black winter set . my sentient came in at 7.75K and the nazgul read 13.65K DC resistance . aweseome pickups .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Morton View Post
          i just got my custom shop nazgul sentient 6 string pickups i couldnt' wait for them to be released so i ordered a set from MJ. They sound great , i like them better then my black winter set . my sentient came in at 7.75K and the nazgul read 13.65K DC resistance . aweseome pickups .
          That's great! I'm jealous man! Post up some clips.

Comment

I love my Black Winters but they will be getting kicked when I can get 6 string Nazgūl/Sentient (cant place a custom shop order from the UK Apparently, without jumping through some pretty stupid hoops)

The N/S set are my all time favourite pickups, i struggle to find anything else that meets the mark.
            Ibanez RG7620 and RG1527 w/ SD Nazgūl/Sentient pickups.
            Ibanez Jem 555 x2 (White Black)
            Epiphone Custom Alpine White
            Epiphone LP standard with SD Alnico Slash Pickup
            Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom
            PRS SE Paul Allender
            Peavey 5150II

Www.soundcloud.com/fyregods singer and drummer wanted.

Comment

What are your thoughts on the differences? Also, do you have any comparisons to a SD Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibson 1964 View Post
                What are your thoughts on the differences? Also, do you have any comparisons to a SD Distortion.
                I used to have a Distortion 7 in my 7620. It had what I consider to be the recognisable, "brittle" Distortion tone, great output, with awesome top end harmonics, but a little fizzy and undefined when playing chords.

The Nazgūl is different, the main thing is string definition, it takes some getting used to with the Nazgūl, it will highlight any tuning issues as each string seems to be very clearly vouced, through my setup (7620-gate-5150ii-eq-fx-gate-5150ii) its almost like running a clean channel in stereo with the lead.

Its got strongly voiced top end but its not shrill.
                Ibanez RG7620 and RG1527 w/ SD Nazgūl/Sentient pickups.
                Ibanez Jem 555 x2 (White Black)
                Epiphone Custom Alpine White
                Epiphone LP standard with SD Alnico Slash Pickup
                Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom
                PRS SE Paul Allender
                Peavey 5150II

Www.soundcloud.com/fyregods singer and drummer wanted.

Comment

When I was looking at guitars, there was a 6 string Washburn Parallelaxe (s?) guitar that had the Nazgul/Sentient in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner4Life View Post
                    When I was looking at guitars, there was a 6 string Washburn Parallelaxe (s?) guitar that had the Nazgul/Sentient in it.
                    Looking forward to getting my hands on them! Pegasus/Sentient in my 7 string has become my favorite combo. Having that same combo in my favorite 6 string would be fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                    X