alnico 2 pickups slash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alnico 2 pickups slash

hello, can someone help me with these pickups please, i just purchased some slash aph2 alnico 2 pups zebras, for my sons guitar, they havent arrived yet,but i went back to the sale add,and in the photos ive just noticed that each pup has 2 rows of adjustable pole pieces,instead of 1 row and lugs, now im wondering if ive ended up with some fakes or something,and been ripped off, they are in the correct seymour duncan packaging, and there was no photo of the back of the pups,to see the slash logo, and i havent had a reply from the seller yet.
    What are they.?????? ... ive just found out that they do have the slash logo on the back.
    Last edited by 6string; 04-18-2014, 04:47 AM. Reason: new info

Re: alnico 2 pickups slash

2 rows of adjustable poles is odd for Slash sigs. There's a chance he may have modified them but personally, I don't know enough about the technical aspects of pickups to say what benefits that would provide, if any.

Comment

2 rows of adj poles is not normal for any Duncan production pickup, let alone Slash sigs.

I would say youve got some elaborate fakes. Signatures are forged every single minute of everyday the world over.

But there is a small chance they were built that way. But my money is on fakes or a hack job.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        2 rows of adj poles is not normal for any Duncan production pickup, let alone Slash sigs.
        Unless you don't count the Demon, Full Shred, and Invader.

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        I would say youve got some elaborate fakes. Signatures are forged every single minute of everyday the world over.
        I doubt if it's a forged signature. Most likely somebody bought the Slash pup and didn't like the long legged base plate so he exchanged plates with his old cheapy pup and sold his cheapo as a "Slash".

Did you test the resistance of the pup? The neck should be close to 7.92k ohms the bridge should be close to 8.53k ohms.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Bowling View Post
          2 rows of adjustable poles is odd for Slash sigs. There's a chance he may have modified them but personally, I don't know enough about the technical aspects of pickups to say what benefits that would provide, if any.
          Who is that in your sig and which movie is it from?
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Might also be jumping the gun here. You said they havent arrived yet maybe the photo is a weird angle or something. I would relax until i had the pickups in hand then I would get excited if i needed to. Not sure why people dont read posts and jump the gun on advice. Before you have them in hand and can give us an accurate description all we are doing is urinating into the wind.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I agree with the above response: wait until you actually have them to see if they are the real deal or not. I will say that generally, you should try to buy pickups from an authorized dealer unless you have met the seller ahead of time and had a chance to see the pickups in person. They're some of the most forged pieces of gear in the guitar equipment world.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                Unless you don't count the Demon, Full shred and Invader
                None of those are standard screw.poles..they are allen screws and large cap allen screws. When someone tells me two rows of adjustable poles, I am thinking dirty fingers.
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I ordered my 59/Custom hybrid with 2 screw poles. but the Slash's should be screws and studs.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Slash set should also be 1 zebra and 1 reverse-zebra.

Comment

Working...
                    X