banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So are we going to get EQ numbers and resonant peak info for the Whole Lottas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So are we going to get EQ numbers and resonant peak info for the Whole Lottas?

Im interested in trying a set, but I would like to see how they compare technically to Pearlies, Slashers, and C5/Jazz that I have tried in my current two Gibbos.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: So are we going to get EQ numbers and resonant peak info for the Whole Lottas?

If I had to GUESS.
    Peak
    5.5KHz
    B/M/T
    6/5/7
    I have no experience with it yet, but based off what I've heard in videos and people's comments on it. I would gather that it would be close.

Comment

Re: So are we going to get EQ numbers and resonant peak info for the Whole Lottas?

Well, the measuring method for the resonance peak seems to have changed over the years, and the EQ is kind of arbitrary, not measured.

Soundclips are a bit better.

Comment

just do it jeff. They are epic.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I understand it it not an exact science, but it does give some relativity to the pickups. Clips are all over the place depending on guitars, gear, type of recording, and hands.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            just do it jeff. They are epic.
            I fully endorse this opinion

And Jeff, knowing what I know of your taste in music and guitars I think you'll love 'em.

Comment

In my case, I know well the inherent tone of my Les Paul and my 335. And I know that say, something bright or with less midrange focus, like a PGB (bright) or 59 (bright and scoopy) doesn't wok well at all in my Les Paul, as it is clear as a bell. Piano like bass and clear defined high end. My 335 on other hand is Warm/Dark with a very focused and punchy midrange, and the the 59/C5/PGB sounds very good in it. Heck right now, I have a 57 classic in both guitars in the bridge position and they sound like night and day.

Being able to get an idea of the whole lottas resonant peak, and rudimentary EQ values can help me determine if they will/won't be a good fit compared to the other Duncans I have had in the guitars.

Comment

Working...
              X