what to use in place of tone pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what to use in place of tone pot?

Here's a wild idea: put in a 2-way switch and wire your guitar with a TRS 1/4" jack so you can switch between two amps or pedal paths from the guitar. Just use 1/4" TRS cable until you get near the pedals or amps and then split it to two 1/4" guitar cables.

Comment

Individual volume controls for each pup
      Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
      Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
      Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
      Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Carriage bolt.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

An ashtray maybe...to avoid this:

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
            Individual volume controls for each pup
            Missed that you ditched the neck pup. I think blueman mentioned in a previous thread something about a coil split wired to a volume pot so that you can raise/lower the volume of the dumped coil...that sounded really cool...
            Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
            Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
            Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
            Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Tip jar
              nobody loves me but my mama... and she could be jivin' too.

Comment

Personally, I like tone controls, and use them a lot to get different tones. When I roll down the tone all the way on my old Junior, I get that great fat "woman tone" sound that Leslie West and Clapton used a lot in the old days. They also can get you great lead tones in the middle position on a two-pickup Gibson or similar guitar by rolling down one or both tones and mixing different volumes of both pickups. You can always put in "No-load" tone pots, so that when they are on ten they are out of the circuit, but you can still use them if you want just by turning them down slightly. I think that's better than removing the tone pots altogether. Just my opinion.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
                  You can always put in "No-load" tone pots, so that when they are on ten they are out of the circuit, but you can still use them if you want just by turning them down slightly.
                  The thing I hate about "no load" pots is the drastic difference between load and no-load. If you want something in between, it just doesn't exist. I replaced my no-load pots with 1M pots to get less load, but retain a smooth transition.

Comment

Pots tend to be deeper than a pan and don't have the diametre.
                    As smoked sausages are already cooked all you need to do is put them in a pot with some water, cover with the lid and let simmer.

Comment

If it's the kind of guitar I'd even consider removing the tone knob from (basically, a straight up rock or metal machine), I'd probably move the volume to where the tone knob used to be and cover the old volume potentiometer hole.

Maybe, add an active boost and put a mini toggle where the volume used to be. Basically, you don't need to lower the volume, so might as well raise it.

Comment

If you can't decide on another purpose for that spot, just leave an unconnected knob in there as a dummy.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X