'72 Thinline pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '72 Thinline pups

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Fender Reissue "Wide Range" pups? Does SD make one?
    '65 Silvertone
    '05 Epiphone Les Paul Plus, A2ProN / '59B
    '05 Gibson Les Paul, Burstbucker Pros
    Fender HRD, Ruby Tubes
    Johnson J Station
    Boss Blues Driver
    sigpic

Re: '72 Thinline pups

I know Warmoth was selling them once awhile. But I don't know if they still are.

Check http://www.warmoth.com/

It isn't the cheapest option but you can ask the SD custom shop to make a pair for you.

Comment

Duncan's custom shop makes a couple of versions of them including the Jonny Lang model.
      Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Thanks. I am considering building a Warmoth Thinline but I just found out that the Fender pups that they carry are always on backorder. It is the Fender FH1 "Wide Range" pup. Nice to know SD makes a version of them. Warmoth is only tooled to route the neck humbucker pup in the Tele Deluxe and the Tele Custom, so to build a Thinline at Warmoth I'm going to have to decide on some other choices as my first choice would be Hum/Hum w/coil split. Second choice would be SCoil at neck and Hum at bridge. I guess I could go single coil sized humbuckers. Anyway, some more to think about. Thanks again.
        '65 Silvertone
        '05 Epiphone Les Paul Plus, A2ProN / '59B
        '05 Gibson Les Paul, Burstbucker Pros
        Fender HRD, Ruby Tubes
        Johnson J Station
        Boss Blues Driver
        sigpic

Comment

I was looking at the pictures of the:

3 + 3 + Bar Humbucking Pickup-off set $170 see
          3 + 3 Stereo Humbucking Pickup $170 see
          J. Lang Model-3 + 3-off set Lg. HB $170 see

which all seem to be the same picture.

Are these drop in replacements for a tele deluxe, or do they fit in a standard humbucker route?

If they are drop in replacements for a tele deluxe, are they made the same CuNiFe magnets?

I have a project that was inspired by (sorry Duncan) Rio Grande's tele deluxe pickup replacements. A friend of mine and I decided to make a guitar inspired by Lee Renaldo's many Jazzblaster guitars, basically a stripped down Jazzmaster with tele deluxe pickups.

The problem we ran into was that the Rio Grande PUs were much, much thicker than the original fender wide range PUs. To install the fenders, there would have been a little routing involved, but very little. The RG PUs would have require routing so much wood out of the Jazzmaster that the integrity of the body would be compromised.

I was really looking forward to having a Jazzmaster that didn't hum like a beehive on stage.

Comment

Working...
          X