banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of Picking up Some Strabro-90's - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Picking up Some Strabro-90's - Opinions?

I've got three guitars, and at the moment they all have humbuckers, though two of them have a middle single coil. Lately I've been considering swapping my strat to SSS, but I'm just not ready to give up on the awesomeness that is the 59/C bridge pickup. So I've been considering instead going to HSS, but getting pickups that balance well in output and tone with the 59/C.

I've been interested in the Strabro-90's for years. It seems like these in the neck and middle, wired up to a tap, and combined with a series/split/parallel switch for the bridge and a blend pot instead of a second tone would give me uber versatility at the expense of practically nothing. Anybody care to comment on this? I'm not too picky about the split sounds on the 90's, as long as they are relatively strat like for the times I need that quack. I'm really excited about what they could do on full, though.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit
Working...
X