New pickups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups!

I've had my new pickups (a 59N and Seth Lover) in my Dot for about a week now, and I'm crazy about them already! It did take about a day or so of playing with the tone knobs, pickup height, and pickup screws (as well as amp settings) to get everything just right, but I'm convinced that this is the PERFECT combination for my guitar. Another big thank you has to go out to Lew from Lewguitars for making sure that I got exactly what I wanted.

I noticed when I was wiring things up that my '59 N came with four conductor wiring . . . soo being the greedy tonemonster that I am, I'm wondering if anyone has tried splitting a 59N in a semi-hollowbody guitar. I'm also wondering if I could repolace one of my pots with a push-pull pot so that I could switch between single-coil/humbucker in the neck position. Is this a good idea (ie worth the trouble) or should I just be happy with the fantastic tone that I'm getting from my guitar right now?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: New pickups!

Thats kind of a tough question. I would say "try it". You'll never know what the split 'bucker tone is 'til you try it yourself, but then again, none of my guitars are split right now, just because everytime I get time to wire them, I play them instead.

Just depends on how much you like "wiring".

Comment

Re: New pickups!

I love "wiring", so go ahead!!! . Seriouly, many people love the 59n split so may be it is worth a try. Mine has a single conductor and I am willing to swap it for a 4-conductor to try it.

Comment

Working...
      X