Vintage Blues 59 set question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Blues 59 set question?

Looking to install these into my american strat,does anyone know if there f-spaced or will the pole pieces line up with strings?
    Thanx alot

Re: Vintage Blues 59 set question?

They aren't F spaced, so the poles won't competely line up with the strings.. but it makes absolutely zero difference to your tone. I barely even noticed that they didn't line up until I was changing strings and looked really closely at it, but otherwise it doesn't really stand out. It's an amazing choice of pickups for a strat, by the way.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

ok thanx alot,thats what I thought,i had these in my strats awhile ago and love the sound.

Comment

I'm not sure if the set comes with a Trembucker bridge. For a strat it is better to have the trembucker spacing on the bridge pickup. If you use the regular spacing, the poles aren't going to line up quite right and you'll have a bit of an odd response for the lowest and highest strings. won't be as clear, as loud or as full sounding as the middle strings, or at least that's been my experience with Dimarzio G-spaced vs F-spaced pickups. IME, the Dimarzio F-spacing and G-spacing is a bit narrower than Seymour Duncan's.

I'd just buy a TB-1 '59 bridge trembucker and an SH-1N '59 neck separately.

Comment

Yeh that makes sense,MF sells a SH-1 59 4 conductor for more than the regular one,is there a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by tce44 View Post
            Yeh that makes sense,MF sells a SH-1 59 4 conductor for more than the regular one,is there a difference?
            The regular one has just a 2 conductor hookup... the 4 conductor is if you want to do split or parallel options. If your not you dont need it otherwise they are the same.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Naw,not doing any of that,ill just get the regular one,its like $10 less.
              Thanx alot for help.

Comment

Working...
              X