banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antiquities II Surf Custom bridge for neck middle and bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquities II Surf Custom bridge for neck middle and bridge?

Hi There!

I've been reading mainly your posts around title pickups before buying and I just ordered 3 of them, they'll come in one week from now. So I was planning on putting the 3 of them into one guitar I bought recently but now I have that "fac I shouldn't bought that!!" stuff going around my mind.

The thing is I already have a strat with 3 SSL1 in it, another strat with FS1 neck, Red Velvet middle and SDS1 bridge (this being my fav guitar) and 3rd strat it's a MIJ '62 RI 3TSB with default pickups and the one to get the 3 Antiquities CB in it. The idea behind is to get a stratish sound but less boring than the one with 3 SSL1 and with more muscle. Like some ppl talking about using a SSL5 on neck position but with the Ant CB instead. I always could mix those 3 Antiquitys between the 3 guitars but I hate swapping and soldering stuff so before even thinking about that my question is what should I expect from the Custom Bridge on neck and mid position? Would it go too far from a classic strat tone?

Cheers!

Re: Antiquities II Surf Custom bridge for neck middle and bridge?

bump

Comment

Uhmm Ok, ty for the answer.
      The pickups are on it's way so now I should start thinking how to solve this 3x SSL1, 3x Ant. Custom bridge, 3 Guitars equation...

Comment

Give it a shot - or take advantage of the exchange period and swap a couple for regular Antiquities.

I could not imagine AII CB being any darker than a SSL-5, but its not something I have tried.

Comment

Working...
        X