some wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some wiring help.

I wired up a JB in my 79' Les Paul Custom. Now here was problem one, the wires are so tiny, they just feel cheap, what happened to thick wiring? Problem 2, there is a braided wire and a green wire. They're ground, but do you hook both up? Problem 3, now my guitar has a grounding problem which I didn't have before and I properly hooked it all up. Also there is no bridge wire or hole on the guitar. I need a little help.
    ~Alex Yerks
    email: [email protected]

Re: some wiring help.

welcome to the forum!!

im assuming that you have a new jb with 4 conductor wiring, if so the wires are thinner than the vintage style braided or cloth wire but much of that thickness is the insulation or the braid, also those 5 wires need to get thru the same holes as the old wire with just two conductors. while it may not look as robust, the levels of current flowing are so low there is negligable difference between them.
    the green and bare wires should both be grounded
    as far as the hum, there is a grounding problem some where in there. all ya need to do is track it down. sounds easy but it can be tedious. not sure what you mean by "no bridge wire or hole on the guitar" are you saying there is no ground wire to the bridge?

Comment

Working...
    X