Duncan Stack Plus (all varieties) - Impressions? Also vs. Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Stack Plus (all varieties) - Impressions? Also vs. Injectors

Who is using the new Stack Plus line of pickups from Duncan? What combination did you decide on and how? It seems there are five versions, Classic (N/M), Classic (B), Vintage Hot, Custom and Hot.

I'm throwing around the idea of a hot rodded Strat. I've already got two vintage style Strats that are great (early 60's style and late 60's style) as well as a couple with Humbuckers in the bridge. I'm thinking of a charged up Strat that still retains some of the single coil character.

Some variety along these lines seems cool:
    -Hot/Vintage Hot/Custom
    -Hot/Vintage Hot/Vintage Hot
    -Custom/Classic/Vintage Hot

Just looking for some general impressions and feedback regarding some of the hotter Stack Plus pickups.

Also, has anyone compared them to Dimarzio's Injectors?
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 05-09-2014, 08:19 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Duncan Stack Plus (all varieties) - Impressions? Also vs. Injectors

I have a bunch of the new stacks. a cs+ neck, cs+ middle, vintage hot in one guitar and cs+ bridge (in the neck), cs+ middle, hot bridge.

I like both those setups a lot, not sure how the vintage hot would do in the neck but I like it better in the bridge than the cs+ bridge, better match tonally to the neck and middle pups even if its a slightly less vintage sound

Comment

I have a set of Vintage Hots and a Hot Stack Plus for bridge going into a partscaster in the next week or so, I'll report back when I make the install!

Comment

Thanks for the impressions, guys.

Anyone else?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I love my cs+ in the neck?I pair it with a five two in the middle, and 59/custom hybrid in the bridge. Love love love the cs+.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X