Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcaster Wiring with 4-way switch

Hello Community!
    I was wondering if a regular Broadcaster-Wiring http://tinyurl.com/lw75ooh works with a 4-way switch (neck+bridge in series, that without utilizing the cap for the neck-pickup). Furthermore I'm thinking about tapping the neck and/or bridge pickup too. Is that possible?
    I've got no experience in wiring guitars, neither enough knowledge in electronics.
    Thanks in advance and warmest wishes to all of you.

Re: Broadcaster Wiring with 4-way switch

welcome to the forum!

you can use a 4 way switch but the wiring would have to be modified somewhat to give you the cap in one position. to tap the pups youd probably need to add a push/pull. do the pups have tapped leads? if not then can cannot tap them without a rewind

Comment

Re: Broadcaster Wiring with 4-way switch

Alright, that's great news. Ideally I'd want one seperate Tapping-Switch (maybe located behind the second Pot-Knob on the control panel of my Tele) that taps both pickups simultaneously.
      I'm currently having Texas Special pups installed, but these are not the ones I want to use for the Broadcaster circuit. I'm going to buy some Telecaster pups from a boutique guy in Germany, whose products are all handmade and can therefore be customized just as I please. (yes, I can link you his webpage.)

If anyone finds joy in drawing a wiring diagram for this exact circuit, or otherwise knows some literature that explains guitar electronics: please feel free to share.

Comment

Working...
      X