Gretsch Pro Jet makeover !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gretsch Pro Jet makeover !

I bought a Gretsch electromatic ProJet the first year they were out and I have regretted that impulsive buy for sooooo long ! But somehow, I've never ever thought about selling the said guitar, I knew somewhere deep inside its multiple flaws and problems , she had potential ! I've changed the bridge twice until I found the one I was comfortable with and could cope with my aggressive strumming ! Grover Imperial tuners were the next mod for this unloved golden girl …. the original tuning machines seemed to be the worse ever !

And last week I treated her with some great love ! A brand new SP90n hot soapbar !
    Very easy to install, she roared the whole evening and deep into the midnite hours ! Awesome mega-amazing tone !
    I'm soooooo happy ! Finally, with that one pickup and a little love, that guitar made its way up my arsenal big time !
    Attached Files

Re: Gretsch Pro Jet makeover !

That's a beautiful guitar. So glad you got it to where you like it.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Gretsch Pro Jet makeover !

Channeling a little bit of Eddie Cochrane there! Very cool!

When you decide to upgrade the bridge look at the TV Jones pups. I can't say enough good stuff about those pups. I've got a 5120 and haven't been able to justify switching out tuners because I've never had a single problem as strange as that sounds.
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
      X