Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymourized Sticker on Bottom of Strat Pickup

Hello Folks....

First time... I have a question about a pickup I bought on EBAY a long time ago. Its a strat pickup, formvar windings, but on the bottom of the pickup it has a sticker that says "seymourized" and " Santa Barbara, CA 93103"

The bobbin seems to be quite full.. overwound probably.

What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for any info....

Re: Seymourized Sticker on Bottom of Strat Pickup

It was rewound by SD, probably after dying, or being broken, or maybe someone wanted a custom strat pup, & sent this one in to SD for a rewind.

Welcome to the forum.
    6 pieces of wood with wires
    1 big box with a bunch of little glass bottles & 2 big round black things
    1 little red & white & black box with 2 little glass bottles that sits on
    a wood box with 2 big round black things.
    1 little black box with 2 slightly bigger black boxes under it.

Comment

I have a Duncan Strat pickup in the bridge of my Strat that was referred to as "Seymourized" (it's either the SSL-5 or SSL-6, I forget, but it's the "Seymourized" hotter pickup with staggered poles). At that time, Seymourized meant a bit hotter version of a vintage type pickup, it measures as I recall around 13K or so. I have the SSL-1 vintage staggered in the other two positions. So, if it has the staggered poles, just measure the resistance, if it's around 13K or so it's the one I have. It was meant to be used in the bridge along with the vintage output Strat pickups in neck and middle, for a slightly hotter sound that was not as thin and bright sounding as the vintage wind.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
        I have a Duncan Strat pickup in the bridge of my Strat that was referred to as "Seymourized" (it's either the SSL-5 or SSL-6, I forget, but it's the "Seymourized" hotter pickup with staggered poles). At that time, Seymourized meant a bit hotter version of a vintage type pickup, it measures as I recall around 13K or so. I have the SSL-1 vintage staggered in the other two positions. So, if it has the staggered poles, just measure the resistance, if it's around 13K or so it's the one I have. It was meant to be used in the bridge along with the vintage output Strat pickups in neck and middle, for a slightly hotter sound that was not as thin and bright sounding as the vintage wind.

Al
        Thank you Zombi and 925 for the replies....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	5777540

Here is a photo of the sticker... The pickup has staggered pole pieces and measures in at 6.48K like the vintage pickup next to it. I was just trying to get a handle on the possible date of the pickup.... give-or-take...

Comment

Working...
        X